Sunday, April 18, 2010

Just Art!

Well it's week 3 of DD with Nic & the fun thing wasn't really happening for me yesterday with this layout! I started my day with lots of positive ideas only to be unstuck by the first step of choosing the papers. The papers i first picked ended up being the ones i choose for this layout & i should have started from there. But oh no I had a moment or more like a 4 hour moment going through all my papers probably 4 times, even got to the stage of cutting 3 other sets out. They weren't working for me and my frustration grew & grew. So gave up & decided if i miss this week i do!

After dinner i had another go, determined to at least try! So out came my first pick of papers and i worked on the background papers, they seem to come together OK. Then disaster again, the pic i wanted to use was totally wrong.....then it came to me... I used the same papers on a bird house i made a little while ago, so to cut a long story short this is my result! I am not normally into  layouts , hence the class lol. I'm not sure if i captured all the design elements for this particular week, but hey i had ago & eventually had fun!!!!!!






Just Art - Basic Grey Periphery, lots of Frayed Burlap distress ink, German Scrap scalloped border, Tim Holtz Alerations Sizzix Bigz Die Caged Bird, Metal Embellishments, Collections chipboard elements.









Tim Holtz new Alterations Sizzix Dies are just incredible, loved using this one. I used my cuttlebug with 2 B plates  the die  a piece of chipboard, and oh so easy to cut it blew me away. I would normally run the chipboard through 2 to 3 times, no need with this one!!!!!




Think I have rambled on enough lol.... hope you all having a creative weekend!!!!

Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment